I started my experiment of backing short odds favourites to lose and have so far had mixed results. To dip my toes into the world of lay betting I decided to do three £5 wagers on clear favourites with Betfair.
First up was Laneguy followed by Indian Groom who both failed to be placed which meant I was up £10 quite quickly. At this point I was thinking I had found a second income and pondering whether I should start increasing my stake.
However the problem when you lay a bet is when you get it wrong the outcome is more costly as I found when Midnight Appeal romped home in the 3.35pm at Wincanton. From the initial £5 stake I had infact lost £9.20.
So day 1 of the experiment leaves me with a total profit of 3o pence. I guess it could be worse... watch this space.
To see the original Horse Laying post click here
0 comments:
Post a Comment